When looking for solutions on how to make a good app, you can turn to well-known brands and popular services for help. From them, you can get deep insights into working with users and optimizing their experience. Here are just a few great examples of products from the top of mobile app rankings
- Finance: PayPal. The developers have made the design as simple as possible. There are absolutely no extra buttons or incomprehensible routes.
- Food and Drink: Starbucks. It offers a personalized experience by analyzing purchase history and customer behavior patterns.
- Tools: Google app. With a sharp design, you get one of the fastest-loading apps (about a second).
- Productivity: Habitika. It is a perfect example of introducing gamification into a seemingly simple task manager.
- Travel: Airbnb. The developers managed to make a complex app with a huge set of locations and offers intuitively simple.
- Business: Slack. You can take it as an example of excellent onboarding and a discrete introduction to messenger functions.
While top products can be a great source of inspiration, we also encourage you to look into apps with bad UX, so you know what not to do. That being said, even the industry giants have made mistakes you can avoid. Just think of the terrible delete message feature on WhatsApp, Netflix’s auto-play, storage management in Apple devices, etc. Use your experience to prevent inserting things in your app that will be inconvenient for customers.