In terms of product marketing, SEO and ASO go hand in hand. While the former helps you raise brand awareness and “stir” customers’ interest in a product launch, the latter makes the app visible to users and digital store algorithms. So your app pre-launch strategy should include steps in both directions.
By using SEO tools, you can expand your reach and increase your online presence. The more people know about your product, the better. Therefore, you should:
- start your own website or blog (or at least get a landing page);
- arrange several collaborations with influencers;
- actively engage users through social networks;
- talk about the app on popular platforms like Reddit and Quora;
- prepare a creative and informative press kit and more.
All this is an integral part of the global strategy aimed at “heating up” the target audience. Though the media coverage extension does not end after the mobile app launch announcement, it should receive a new round of development. After all the described SEO preparation, you should move on to the final and, perhaps, one of the most critical preliminary stages — App Store Optimization.